Sunday, December 9, 2012

Review: Lakme : Red Hot or Satin Ruby?! "The Perfect Red"

Hey Guys!
In this blog I'm going to show you 2 lip products from the same make-up brand and will let you know what I think about them and which one is the better red.
Now Christmas is round the corner and all I can think of when it comes to "the make-up look" is neutral eyes  and the perfect bold Red Lips!
As a make-up connoisseur, aren't you always on the outlook for beauty buys that make life more delicious?! Case in a point - a gorgeous red lips to pout with in the mirror and say "Hello Beautiful". But perfect shade of classic red requires a million shopping trips and zillions trials.
So to solve this dilemma I have picked 2 shades of the same brand from my make-up collection.

1. Lakme` 9 to 5 lip color in Red Hot
2. Lakme` absolute lip color in Satin Ruby










 For my lips I just need 2 swipes to go. I honestly can't think of a skin tone that will not be able to work with Red Hot. It stays for 5-6 hours without having any meal and it does not disappear until you remove it with a make-up remover. Texture wise its a good and true matte lip stick and what I like most about this lip color is that its very light and you feel as if you have applied nothing on your lips. Its a true brick red color and is highly pigmented. And If you love matte lipsticks like me then go for this one.




Now when it comes to Satin Ruby it is not suitable for all skin tones. It might make you look a little dark. It is not a true red lip color and according to me and it has a little metallic finish to it with a hint of golden shimmer. Its a little bit on a pinkish side than a true red. Now it is a matte lipstick but it kind of gives a matte metallic finish to your lips which I personally don't like. Although some of you might like it its not a bad shade at all but when it comes to true matte red lip color then I think Red Hot is quite eye catching.







Pros of both the lip color and what company claims :
- Highly Pigmented
- Stays up to 5-6 hours
- Feels very light on your lips
- Wheatgerm Oil rich in Vitamin E
- Single stroke application


Cons according to me :
- Not suitable for chapped lips
- Satin Ruby might not suit your skin tone

Price : 

Satin Ruby - Rs.395 for 3.6 g
Red Hot - Rs. 375 for 3.6 g


Ratings :

Satin Ruby - 2.5/5
Red Hot - 4/5

My Take : I will repurchase Red Hot once I'm out of it but Satin Ruby..I'm not sure!
You need to prepare yourself for this attention seeking hue that will either elevate you to the shinier side or leave a scarlet scar!!


Let me know : what's your favorite red lip color?!



xoxo
Isha

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this useful information, your blog is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Will update it very soon!!

    ReplyDelete